For the Dunellen Municipal Code online, click here
Please note: We are in the process of putting our Code online in an electronic format. Currently, only the "old" Code Book authorized in 2003 is online. There have been many changes since. See specific departments for relevant ordinances, or ask the Municipal Clerk for assistance.
The online Code will be updated periodically as the work progresses.
Copies of the Dunellen Municipal Code and recently adopted ordinances can also be found in the Office of the Municipal Clerk, 355 North Avenue, Dunellen.
In the "Recently Enacted Ordinances" section below we have listed the ordinances of general interest enacted since 2003.
For the Ordinance opting-out of the sale and distribution of Cannabis in Dunellen, 2021-12,
For recently adopted Licensing of Massage Establishments and Massage Therapists, 2021-13, click here.
For recently adopted Dunellen Drug and Alcohol Policy, 2021-14, click here.
For the recently adopted Circulars and Handbills ordinance, 2021-15, click here.
Ordinance 2021-18, Invasive Plant--Bamboo, click here.
For amended Ch. 115 and 115A, Ordinance 2021-20, click here.
Ordinance 2021-23, Amended Ch. 256, Streets and Sidewalks, Paving, click here.
For the Amended Dunellen Sign Ordinance, 2022-01, click here.
Ordinance 2022-10, amended Chapter 115, Film Studios and Production Facilities, click here.
Ordinance 2022-11, Amended Chapter 217-3, Duties and Responsibilities of Owners and Operators, Refuse and Recycling Container Storage, including newly numbered Section (G), Duty to Maintain Sidewalks, Driveways, Walkways and Entrance Stairways, click here.
For the Five-Year Tax Exemption ordinance, 2022-17, Adopted on July 5, 2022, click here.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Recently Enacted Ordinances45 documents
- 2011-01, Regulating Outdoor Vending Machines
- 2011-02, Police Promotion Procedure
- 2011-03, CAP Bank
- 2011-04, Amended Downtown Redevelopment Plan
- 2011-06, Dunellen Salary Ordinance
- 2011-07, Pay to Play
- 2011-08, Special Hearing Officer
- 2011-10, Architectural Review Committee
- 2011-11, Dunellen Avenue Street Improvement Bond
- 2012-03, Licensing of dogs and cats; prohibition against feeding wild animals
- 2016-08, Chickens
- 2019-10, Police Off-Duty, Amended, September 16, 2019
- 05-15, Stormwater Management: Improper Disposal of Waste, Illicit Connection, Wildlife Feeding
- 06-16, Special Duty Assignments for Police Officers
- 06-17, Sex Offender Free Zone
- 06-19, Weight Limits for Trucks on Streets
- 06-20, Outdoor Storage of Recreational Vehicles and Parking of Trucks and School Buses in Residental Zones
- 06-23, Parking Lots During Snow Emergencies
- 06-26, Prohibiting Non-Resident Students in the Dunellen School System
- 07-03, Refuse and Recycling Container Storage
- 07-04, Occupancy Requirements for Dwelling Units
- 07-07, Architectural Review Committee
- 07-08, Conditional Use of Gas Stations
- 07-09, Clubs and Nightclubs
- 07-12, Progressive Disciplinary System for Department of Public Works Employees
- 07-13, Taxicabs
- 07-14, Grease Traps
- 07-17, Underage Drinking
- 07-22, Towing
- 07-24, Vacating Old South Avenue
- 08-03, Shade Trees, Penalty for Violations
- 08-05, Criminal Background Checks for Recreation Department Employees
- 08-06, No Left Turn, Front Street
- 08-11, Outdoor Storage Containers, PODS
- 08-14, No Parking on Front Lawns
- 2017-07, Two-Hour Resident Parking
- 08-21, Planning Board Check List
- 2014-05, Hours of Sale, Alcohol
- 08-20, Positions Eligible for the Defined Contribution Retirement Program
- 09-03, Defined Contribution Retirement Plan, Amended
- 09-11, Reverting from the State Fiscal Year to a Calendar Year
- 09-13, Municipal Housing Liaison
- 06-05, Prohibited Diagonal Entrances
- 06-06, Amendments to Zoning Ordinance, Building Heights, Corner Lots, Abandonment of Use
- 06-09, School Drop Off Zone
Selected Code Chapters and Ordinances of Interest6 documents
- Outdoor Storage of Recreational Vehicles and Parking of Trucks and School Buses on Residential Property, 06-20
- Ordinance 2015-04, Flea Markets, Garage Sales and Yard Sales; for ordinance and Permit Application
- Duty of Homeowner, Tenant, or Business to Clean and Maintain Sidewalks, Driveways, Walkways and Entrance Stairways, 2010-01
- Dunellen Noise Ordinance, Chapter 195 of Dunellen Municipal Code
- Peddlar's and Solicitor's Application and Ordinance, Chapter 211
- Taxi Ordinance (07-13) and application documents