· The mission of the Dunellen Green Team Advisory Committee will be to advise the Mayor and Council on ways to improve the municipality through “Green” initiatives which are economically and environmentally sound through research and evaluation.
· The goals of the Dunellen Green Team Advisory Committee will be:
- To help ensure that the Borough of Dunellen qualifies for the various Sustainable Jersey “Action Categories” which are designed to meet the varying needs of the municipality and will help fulfill the requirements to earn Bronze, Silver or Gold certification through Sustainable Jersey.
- Dunellen Green Team Advisory Committee will recommend sustainable practices where possible in order to help the Borough meet its environmental goals
- At the recommendation of the Mayor and council, the Dunellen Green Team Advisory Committee may work with the existing goals within the Borough whose actions affect environmental issues so as to eliminate duplication and assure that important tasks are covered
- The Dunellen Green Team Advisory Committee will work with the Mayor’s Office on the Borough of Dunellen’s Climate Resiliency Plan to assist in the meeting of goals of said plan.
· Membership and Term of Office of the Dunellen Green Team Advisory Committee will comprise of seven (7) Borough residents, civic leaders, Officials and/or business-owners to serve as the Green Team. The Members shall be appointed by the Mayor to serve an annual term. Among the Membership, they shall elect a Chair, Vice Chair and Secretary. Additionally, the Mayor and the Borough Administrator shall serve as Ex-Officio members of the Green Team.
· The Dunellen Green Team Advisory Committee shall meet a minimum of (6) times throughout year and shall decide among the membership scheduled dates that will be provided to the Municipal Clerk’s office and all other procedures for meetings shall adhere to Robert’s Rules of Order or adhere to New Jersey State Statutes when applicable.