Join us in beautifying Dunellen for the third annual Community Day on June 5th Event runs from 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Meet at McCoy Park at 10am for instructions. Volunteers will be assigned to various Dunellen parks.
We'll need help with raking, planting, painting and more.
If possible, please come prepared with bring work gloves, water and sunscreen. Wear old clothes.
For the Facebook link, click here.
Dunellen Recreation has teamed up with The American Legion Post 119 and VFW Post 5479 on a new Hometown Heroes Program, last year we put up 51 banners in the downtown.
Hometown Heroes Banner Program is a tribute for our community to honor past and present service members. Banners will be hung from light poles in downtown Dunellen from May to November.
Each banner will be 24" x 48" heavy vinyl, printed on both sides and will display:
* Honoree's photograph
* Full name
* Branch of military
* Years of service
• Veteran that grew up in town pre-service.
• Veteran that lived in town post service.
• Family Veteran of a Resident.
• Veterans from the American Legion Post #119 or VFW Post 5479
HOW TO SPONSOR A BANNER
To honor a loved one with a Hometown Heroes Banner*:
(1) Complete this form;
(3) Fee is $155 per banner. Accepted payment methods are cash, check or money order (made payable to "Borough of Dunellen"). Send payment to: Dunellen Recreation, 355 North Ave, Dunellen, NJ 08812.
* Actual banners will look similar to the sample image but may slightly differ.
Dunellen Parks and Recreation Department
Director Alex Miller
(732) 968-3033, x8
Next Stop Dunellen!
Next Stop, Dunellen is an e-newsletter brought to you by the Dunellen Downtown Management Organization. Created as a community resource, it's designed to highlight all there is to see and do in Dunellen.
To sign up, click here.