For a voter registration application, click here.
To register in NJ you must be:
- A United States citizen
- At least 17 years old, though you may not vote until you have reached the age of 18
- A resident of the county for 30 days before the election
- A person NOT currently serving a sentence, probation or parole because of a felony conviction
- Apply for a vote-by-mail ballot and return it one of the following ways:
- Mail: It must be postmarked on or before 8:00 p.m. November 2 and be received by your county’s Board of Elections on or before November 8.
- Secure Ballot Drop Box: Place it in one of your county’s secure ballot drop boxes by 8:00 p.m. on November 2. Drop box locations can be found at Vote.NJ.Gov.
- Board of Elections Office: Deliver it in person to your county’s Board of Elections Office by 8:00 p.m. on November 2. County Election Officials’ contact information can be found at Vote.NJ.Gov.
- In-Person Early Voting for the General Election begins on Saturday, October 23 through Sunday, October 31st, 2021. Each NJ county will hold nine (9) days of early, in-person machine voting. Each county, depending on its size, will designate a minimum of 3 to 10 voting locations for early in-person voting purposes. Early voting locations will be open from at least 10 am to 8 pm on Mondays through Saturdays, and from at least 10 am to 6 pm on Sundays. Go to Vote.NJ.Gov for your early voting sites.
- In-Person Voting on Election Day, November 2, at your polling place, from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Accommodations will be made for voters with disabilities. Go to Vote.NJ.Gov for your polling place, listed on the Polling Locations page. NOTE: Vote-by-mail ballots CANNOT be returned to your polling place for this election.
For a mail-in ballot form, click here
- A registered voter may vote by mail by completing the application for Vote by Mail Ballot and returning the application to their County Clerk.
- What If I Always Vote-By-Mail, But Now Want to Vote Early, In Person, Instead?
- Check whether or not you are an active vote-by-mail voter under “Track My Ballot.”
- If you are registered to vote by mail in the 2021 General Election, you must opt out, in order to cast a ballot in person on a machine at an early voting location.
- To opt out, contact your County Clerk by August 31.
For a map of Dunellen Election Districts, click here
If you do not know your voting district, please visit: www.njelections.org and select “Find Your Polling Location” on the right hand side and enter your information.
For information and questions regarding elections please click here for the New Jersey Divisions of Elections Website
For a YouTube video on how to fill out a mail-in ballot, click here.
For information and an application to become a Poll Worker, click here.
2021 General Election Timeline
AT THIS TIME DUNELLEN IS LOOKING FOR SUBSTITUTE POLL WORKERS. THE HOURS ARE 5:15 AM TO 8 PM. PAY FOR THE DAY IS $200.00 AND YOU ARE REQUIRED TO TAKE ONE CLASS ON BECOMING A POLL WORKER. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PLEASE CALL 732-968-3033 EXT 4 AND ASK FOR LAUREN